Wednesday, November 17, 2010

North Downs show

Here are Zazzys three runs at the North Downs show. Interesting to see how Bernadette also ran her shelties over some of the same courses http://obayshelties.blogspot.com/
In her agility, Zazzy's contacts and weaves were not as good or confident as I was hoping, the volume of dogs and distractions definately affected her, but she does look happy at the end. My handling of the line before the turn to the dogwalk could have been better, I was relying on calling to her to turn, when I should have got my right hand up to indicate a turn coming up as well!

Jumping class - I called too early and pulled her off a jump.

Second jumping class. Bit messy as she came out the tunnel, I was too late in indicating the rear cross.


There were times (especially in the queues) that Zazzy got quite stressed about the other dogs around her. Although it was amazing to see how she transformed when she realised that she recognised her friend all of a sudden! I still have lots of thinking to do about helping her cope with scary lunging dogs, flags etc.

1 comment:

  1. I think she's looking fab Hannah. She certainly has picked up speed quite a bit since the last time I saw her work.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
For a bit about what I do for a living, see: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AeEKryTUo-Q