Friday, September 13, 2013

Puppy progress

I took Bing to a co-ordination and balance (body awareness/proprioception) workshop last week, and was very embarrassed to realise that, despite having wobble boards and lots of other equipment available, I had not shown Bing many of the things before. It was a fun evening; three of the Basileas Babies were there (Bings brother and sister).They found everything easy! They are all incredibly well co-ordinated, full credit to 'Grandma' Fran as she had all sorts of wobble cushions and other things for the pups to play with from a young age. So what have I been doing? I thought perhaps I should blog about it, so that I don't forget! The day I bought Bing home, he objected every time I got more than arms length away from him. He has a very good pair of lungs!!! He also, despite having hundreds of toys, much prefers chewing wires :-S  So the first thing was to find a way to get Bing to be happy (and quiet) in a crate.

Next, of course, the big important thing for puppies is to make sure they are happy and confident in all sorts of environments, so Bing has been out and about to have as many positive experiences as possible around people (shops, cafes), horses, cattle, sheep, birds, noisy places, childrens playgrounds. Finally, I always say, if you only teach your dog one thing, teach it to come when you call!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
For a bit about what I do for a living, see: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AeEKryTUo-Q